TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF LEASE
1. Rights of Admission Reserved.
2. Completion and return of the Booking Request Form, does not warrant confirmation of booking.
3. Upon receipt of the Booking Request Form, a preliminary booking form will be sent to you, and upon receipt of the 50% deposit payable on or before the expiry date, the booking will be confirmed, subject to availability.
4. Payment of the 50% deposit is construed to be acceptance of these conditions, which shall be binding upon all tenants.
5. Note that should proof of payment and the completed Preliminary Booking Form and a copy of your ID, not be returned before the date of expiry (as reflected on the Preliminary Booking Form), the preliminary booking will be cancelled.
6. The preferred method of payment is via EFT. NO Cheques or Cash deposits are accepted as a method of payment.
7. The balance of your booking is payable TWO weeks prior to occupation.
8. If a booking is made on the last-minute, full payment must be received prior to occupation.
9. The reservation fee is included in your daily rate and is non-refundable.
10. If your reservation has not been paid in full no keys will be left out for collection, and any after hour call out will be at a charge of R350 payable in advance.
11. Strict Cancellation Policy – More than 60 days before check in – 50% of the deposit paid is refundable.
12. Strict Cancellation Policy – More than 30 days before check in – 25% of the deposit paid is refundable.
13. Strict Cancellation Policy – Less than 20 days before check in – No Refund.
14. A key and breakage deposit of R1000 is payable. The breakage deposit is refundable within 30 working days of departure, either in full or less any deductions for any bank charges, call out fees, shortages/damage or breakages. Please ensure that full banking details are provided on the Preliminary Booking Form.
15. The guests liability (jointly and severally of the primary guest and other guests) is not limited to the value of the breakage deposit and the primary guest accepts liability and responsibility, and furthermore warrants that he/she will pay for, on demand without delay or offset, any shortages/damages or breakages.
16. Should Tree Cottage suffer any loss or damage as a result of an act or omission by a guest or visitor of a guest, the primary guest will remain liable for full reimbursement of such loss or damage incurred and warrants that he/she will pay for same, on demand, without offset or delay.
17. Confirmation of the reservation will be deemed as entering into a lease agreement, which is a legal and binding agreement, deemed to have been entered into in the magisterial district of Port Shepstone. Should any legal action arise from the lease, the lessee will be responsible for all costs on an attorney-client scale.
18. The guests Domicilium Citande Executandi shall be the address reflected on the Preliminary Booking Form.
19. Sub-letting is strictly prohibited, unless prior arrangements with the Letting Agent and confirmation regarding this is received.
20. Units are let strictly according to the number of beds available (one per single or 3/4 bed, two per double/Queen or King Bed), and as per the number of guests recorded above. Use of portable/blow-up mattresses is also not permitted. The Letting Agent reserves the full right to immediately evict all guests without refund for overcrowding.
21. We do not allow any persons under the age of 21 to occupy any unit without resident adult supervision. Should the person making this booking not be present for the duration of the booking, this could result in the eviction of all guests in the unit, without a refund.
22. Unless advance arrangements have been made and can be accommodated, in writing, check in time is strictly after 15h00 and check out time on the day of departure is strictly before 10h00. Should guests not depart before 10h00 a fee of R200 per hour for every hour after 10h00 will be levied against the guest, and shall be paid by the guest on demand, without offset or delay.
23. No refunds or discounts will be given for early departure, for whatsoever reason.
24. Once the keys have been collected, they are the responsibility of the guests and if lost, damaged or not returned on departure, the guest will be liable for replacement of locks, keys and remotes. On departure please ensure that all windows and doors are locked as the guest will be liable for any losses incurred when you are out or have vacated the premises. Keys are to be returned to the Letting Office or placed in the key box if one is provided.
25. We cannot be held liable for any loses or inconvenience to the guest caused by an act beyond our control or any act of the Letting Agent or any member of staff of the Letting Agent. Tree Cottage Management shall not be liable for any injury, death, loss, damage, accident, delay or inconvenience, howsoever caused, during the guests stay. Any loss or additional expense caused due to acts of God, nature, war, terrorism, insurrection, riot, boycott, theft, fire, labour action, government action or natural disaster, bad weather, interrupted electrical / water / municipal services or other causes, will be borne by the guest, and Tree Cottage Management accepts no liability therefore. Furthermore no refunds or discounts will be given in the event of any of the above occurrences.
26. All persons who make use of facilities and units rented, do so entirely at their own risk.
27. Guests and their visitors must abide by the terms and rules of the Body Corporate or the Municipal By-Laws in the property which they stay. Risk of eviction without refund in the event of a breach of these terms and rules (whether for unpermitted pets, overcrowding, excessive noise, or unaccompanied minors).
28. Parking is restricted to parking bays allocated to the specific unit.
29. Upon arrival, inventories must be checked by the guests, and any discrepancies must be recorded on the Discrepancy Form provided, and emailed to the office within 12 hours of arrival. A copy will be kept of file, and the guest must ensure that they received a stamp copy for proof. If no shortages/breakages or damages are recorded/reported, the contents of the property/unit will be regarded as correct and the guest will be held responsible for any shortages/breakages or damages incurred. Please note that the units are only inspected after the client has vacated the premises.
30. Upon departure guests are required to leave the units, as they want to receive them, if not, a cleaning fee of R400.00 will be charged and deducted from the breakage deposit, or will be paid by the guest on demand, without offset or delay.
31. Furniture and utensils may not be removed from the unit. Should this occur, the full breakage deposit will be forfeited.
32. Units are self-contained, please bring your own toiletries, towels and cleaning materials.
33. No pets are allowed.
34. Please note that for none essential appliances such as televisions, DSTV connections, problems or faults and gas braais will strictly be dealt with in office hours only. Should you insist on a call out for a non-essential emergency, a call out fee of R350 will be applicable and will be deducted from the breakage deposit or will be payable on demand, without offset or delay.
35. The guests accepts liability for repairs or maintenance performed as a result of negligence of the guest.
36. No open fires (coal braais) are allowed in the units or on the balconies/patios of the units. Failing to abide by this, may result in the evictions of the guests or the guests having to pay a fine in accordance with the Body Corporate Conduct Rules.
37. There are open Braai Facilities or portable braai’s available
38. In the event of a gas braai being available in the unit, a gas bottle with gas is provided. However, once the gas has been used, it will be the responsibility of the guest to fill, should they wish to use it again. Due to corrosion caused by the salt air, we cannot be held liable for a gas braai not working, and will also not be held liable for the immediate replacement or repair thereof.
39. Tree Cottage will not be held responsible for any valuables or personal items left in the unit during your stay or on departure. Should an item be left behind, the onus is on the guests to make arrangements for collection. Unfortunately we are unable to store these items for more than 3 months, and should the item/s not be collected, these will be taken to a charity of our choice.
40. Please note that DSTV EasyView is standard in the unit. The guest must either bring their own decoder, smart card, remote and cables, alternatively, if DSTV is available, then the guest must arrange this prior to arrival, through the office at an additional cost, payable prior to arrival.
41. Please note that most of the complexes only allow for single view decoders. HD, PVR or Dual View Decoders will not work.
42. Cleaning lady compulsory 2 days per week at R160 per day. On request we do provide a daily cleaning service, Monday to Friday only excluding Public Holidays. This can be arranged prior to arrival.